Five Tips For a Better Week
1. Trying to lose weight? Try taking African Mango Extract 150 mg 2 times a day. Make sure you take it 30-60 mins before a meal. Studies have shown that people who do this lose an average of 18% of their body weight in 10 weeks. It works by curbing your appetite by making you feel full. It specifically helps people lose abdominal fat and lowers cholesterol. It also helps regulate blood sugar! Dr. Oz has even said it is the “miracle in your medicine cabinet.”
2. Use coconut oil as a moisturizer on your skin. Being cognizant of what you are putting on your skin is crucial. Your skin is your largest organ and is very good at absorbing things. Many people watch what they put in their bodies, but not what they put on their bodies. So make sure you are using something that doesn’t have chemicals or fragrances in it. Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and anti-viral.
3. Interact with nature, especially if you live in a city. Living in a concrete jungle separates you from the rhythms of nature. Research shows that we take many of our biological cues from nature. Reconnecting with nature by placing your feet in direct contact with the Earth, has been shown to decrease inflammation in the body, which is at the root of at least 80 diseases! If you don't think that you have time for this, you can purchase a grounding mat at earthing.com and use it at work or put it on your bed. You will experience many of the benefits from connecting directly to the Earth. I make sure I receive the benefits of grounding daily because they are just so good for you!
4. Get outside and get some vitamin D. Our bodies are great at making Vitamin D. All we need is a little sunshine (15 mins a day) and we make enough Vitamin D to supply our body. Some of the benefits of Vitamin D are that it helps fight and prevent the flu, is a building block in the immune system, and aids in a healthy bone structure. Who doesn't like to feel better for free?!
5. Try substituting apple sauce for an egg in your baked goods. Surprisingly this actually works! I used 1 cup Pamela’s Gluten Free pancake mix (which is really an awesome pancake mix) and used 1/4 cup organic apple sauce in place of the egg, sprinkled cinnamon, a teaspoon of vanilla, 3/4 cup of unsweetened Hemp milk, a tablespoon of melted Earth Balance buttery spread, a tablespoon of blue agave syrup and organic blueberries and voila! Awesome, gluten free, vegan blueberry pancakes! Enjoy!