Five Tips For a Better Week:
1. When someone is driving you crazy, change the lens of how you look at them to compassion. Find a way to love them---or at least like them. Try to rememberthey are figuring things out just as much as you are. Their behavior is coming from their experiences---it is how they have learned to cope with the situation. Just as you would not fault a student for having a poor teacher, do not fault the student who does not know what you know.
2. Have fun! Chances are you have gotten swept away with the rat race. Take time to release some pent up energy! If you can, imagine your younger self and ask him/her what he/she would like to be doing right now---then do it! Your inner child is waiting to play.
3. Try Tabata. Tabata is a workout regime that burns 3-5 times more calories than a traditional workout. It also significantly improves cardiovascular health faster than a traditional workout. Tabata is working out intensely for 20 seconds, with a 10 second recovery time, 8 times in a row. Do that 7 times, with 7 different activities (alternating between aerobic exercise and weight training), and you will see a significant improvement in your strength, and cardiovascular health. *
4. Say what you are thankful for before you fall asleep. This is one of the easiest ways to help you fall asleep. It relaxes your body and puts you into a state of peacefulness and abundance so that you drift softly to sleep.
5. Switch from coffee to green tea for a week. Green tea is full of antioxidants and health benefits. Drinking green tea (even if it's caffeinated) helps burn more fat, reduces the number of free radicals floating around your body (which are linked with cancer and other diseases) and can help women suffering from infertility or endometriosis according to Traditional Chinese Medicine.
*Please check with your doctor before trying any new workout regime.